CloudMinds is a well-funded, global, "stealth" startup, developing next generation cloud-based robotics and mobility solutions for enterprises. While we can't tell you too much about what we're inventing, we can say that we have a team of incredible people from Google, Samsung, Huawei, Cisco, Baidu, China Mobile, IBM, Sony and MIUI helping us create truly innovative robotics technologies. And, with a stellar team of leaders, investors and advisors in place, we're already getting traction with potential customers.
We are growing our Silicon Valley office and we're hiring talented, high-energy, driven professionals who are passionate about building companies. We strongly believe in teamwork and collaboration, and we're an ideal company for people who really enjoy taking ownership of their work and want to be accountable for their area of business. We genuinely value and respect transparency, curiosity and diversity - if those values are important to you (and if you really like cool robotics technology), you should be talking to us.
MACHINE LEARNING SCIENTIST/ENGINEER
CloudMinds is looking for an Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) Engineer to build products, applications, and services using ASR technologies.
- Optimizing the performance (e.g., accuracy, latency) of applications using various ASR engines using collected and/or field data, especially in high noise and/or far field conditions.
- Optimizing the performance of applications using various end pointing algorithms, especially in high noise and/or far field conditions.
- Evaluating the performance of various end pointing and ASR engines.
- Building and/or adapting acoustic models for ASR engines.
- Building language models for ASR engines, both finite-state and statistically-based.
- Contributing to technical strategy related to ASR
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Strong familiarity with algorithms for ASR.
- 4 years or more experience with optimizing performance of ASR engines in real-world applications.
- Familiarity with existing commercial and/or open-source ASR engines, e.g., Nuance, Google, Bing, Sensory, Sphinx 4, PocketSphinx, KALDI.
- Strong computer skills needed to support responsibilities, e.g., Java, UNIX and associated tools, scripting, Perl.
- Experience preparing and collecting audio and text data for acoustic and language model creation and/or engine performance optimization.
- Native English speaker.
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
In addition to offering unlimited opportunities for growth and career development, CloudMinds also offers competitive compensation packages including base, bonuses, equity and full benefits.
If you think you're a good fit for us, please send send us your resume and cover letter:
CloudMinds is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of merit.